EE Development Manager
Avery Dennison RBIS are seeking to appoint an EE Development Manager to lead our development center in Norway. The development center is crucial to ensure our company remains focused on continuing to deliver innovative and novel products within their specialist market.
This is a high profile and strategic role that is focused on achieving group wide improvements within the product and manufacturing area for external embellishments (EE). In conjunction with global innovation team and product line management , you will be heavily involved in both product and process innovation. You will lead the the Avery Dennison development center for EE, located in Norway, and contribute to us being a World Class manufacturing site. The role reports to our Global Innovation director.
Job description – some of the main responsibilities:
- Working as a key member of the global innovation and product line team
- Driving execution of projects related to both product and process development. Testing, optimizing, reviewing results, documenting and reporting back to key teams.
- Designing and implementing operational improvement strategies for safety, cost, quality, training, inventory and services.
- Leading significant projects and improvement initiatives, scheduling and planning, budgeting and control.
- Building, motivating and coaching a team focussed on delivering continuous improvements.
- Leading a safe operation and complying with legal, legislative and corporate safety requirements.
- Scout and further develop production technologies in cooperation with global and local team.
- Leading the Development team to deliver results and ensure that team members meet innovation goals and objectives.
- Travelling to other production sites in Avery Dennison, tradeshows and to customers will be required.
Qualifications – we are looking for:
- Strong leadership skills. Ability to lead, contribute, and influence others in a team-based organization
- Innovative and problem solving mindset
- Interested in technology, chemistry and driving change.
- Experience of working with continuous Improvement is essential and to have demonstrated success in leading change.
- Working knowledge of modern manufacturing, material flow and improvement strategies
- Demonstrated understanding of the key drivers within the manufacturing environment.
- Strong organisational skills in strategy, communication and execution.
- Good understanding of applicable IT systems and tools. Including software for printing industry.
- Fluency in both English and Norwegian is required
Avery Dennison NTP offers:
- A good and creative working environment in a technical driven organisation.
- Interesting and challenging work tasks in a global leader in labeling and packaging materials and solutions.
- Good career development opportunities nationally and internationally
- An expansive company under constant development
- Competitive wage levels and high pension benefits.
If you have questions regarding the position please call Tom Dyrdal, Business Unit Director Avery Dennison NTP, +47 47902531.
Please send CV, application and other documents to email@example.com as soon as possible. Candidates will be considered consecutively.
About Avery Dennison
Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global leader in pressure-sensitive and functional materials and labeling solutions for the retail apparel market. The company's applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 25,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers in the consumer packaging, graphical display, logistics, apparel, industrial and healthcare industries. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company reported sales of $6.1 billion in 2016. Learn more at www.averydennison.com